10 October 2007

Losing Robert Bussard, Pioneering Space Scientist,


Here is the Google Talk by Robert Bussard on his inertial electrostatic fusion research. Dr. Bussard died of cancer a few days ago. He is the creator of the Bussard Interstellar Ramjet concept, and various nuclear fission rocket designs. Most recently, he was working on the nuclear fusion concept that he discusses in the video above.

You can find much more information from Brian Wang, M. Simon, and Centauri Dreams.

Bussard came from an earlier generation of space scientists who believed that anything was possible, and that the destiny of humanity lies in the greater universe beyond this planet and solar system.

Those of us who are able to escape our more cynical generation's lowered expectations will have large shoes to fill, with the loss of Robert W. Bussard.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger M. Simon said...

Al,

Thanks for the link.

Dr. B. will be missed. I never met the man, yet he really touched me.

What got me going was the Google video you posted.

BTW contact me (link on my sidebar). I have some questions I want to ask you.

Simon

Wednesday, 10 October, 2007  
Blogger al fin said...

MS, you might want to contact me at:

alfin2100@hotmail.com

I tried your contact address and the message was returned.

Friday, 12 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” _George Orwell

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts
``